What You Need to Know:
- A cloth face covering/mask will be required to enter our buildings and while using library services
- Traffic flow and spaces will be different. Please follow all staff instructions.
- Staff will be wearing a cloth face covering/mask at all times
- 6 feet physical distance should be observed while using library services
- Library use will be limited to three services:
- Library card service
- Holds pick-up (Chugiak-Eagle River is outdoor pickup only)
- Computer use
- Areas not in use for picking up holds, using computers or getting card service will remain closed.
- Patrons may only pick up items available through holds. No browsing will be available at this time.
- Computer use will be limited (See FAQ)
- Book drops are now open at all 5 APL locations
- Most items checked out prior to the COVID closure on March 13th are due June 30, 2020. Please return them as soon as possible.
- “Large Items” (STEM Kits, Book Club Bags etc) may be returned starting July 1st (No late fines on these items as APL is late fine free)
- Curbside Service remains available
- Youth Programs to Go remain available
- Personal Librarian Service remains available
- Donations remain suspended
- Room rentals remain unavailable
- Passport processing remains unavailable
- Bus pass purchase remains unavailable
- Wi-Fi is available 24/7 outside of all Anchorage Public Library locations, except for Muldoon, which is only available during business hours.
What You Need to Do:
- Wear a cloth face covering/mask when visiting the library
- Plan your visit and review the services being offered and how to use them.
- Follow us on , , and this page for future updates.
- Hold off on bringing donations to the library.
- Enjoy our databases, , , , and many other digital options.
- Call 343-2975 option 4 Monday-Saturday during business hours to get assistance from a librarian or email Ask a Librarian.
- If you need assistance accessing community resources, call 211.
117彩的网站Who's ready for some new books, movies, music and more? Curbside service will allow you to get actual items from your favorite libraries. Similar to other curbside services, you'll fill out an order, we'll get it ready and you can drive, walk, bike or teleport to a curbside pick up location at all 5 of our libraries.
Curbside demand is currently very high. We are working hard to implement our new service and there will be bumps in the road. Hang in there with us and head over to our FAQ for all the details.
Limited Computer Usage
117彩的网站Beginning July 1st library computers will be available to use at all 5 locations. Sessions are available by walk-in at all locations and by reservation and walk-in at the Loussac Library. There will not be space to use your personal device inside the library, however wifi remains available outside all locations. Printing, scanning and copying will also be available.
Personal Librarian Service
Not sure what you want to read, watch or listen to? Love to browse the stacks? We've got you covered! Personal Librarian service will help you select something great for yourself or your family. We'll have options for youth and adults and selected items will be available through our curbside pick up.
Youth Programs To Go
Anchorage Public Library will not be offering in-person youth programs this summer, however we're very excited to launch Programs To Go! This summer, pick up and take home a fun activity from your closest public library. We include all supplies, instructions, and suggest more resources to explore-- it's yours to keep for free and a new theme is available every week, for preschoolers and elementary students.
117彩的网站Programs To Go are available at the walk-up service or with your curbside pick up appointment.
Telephone reference (343-2975 option 4), e-mail service () and e-materials117彩的网站 will continue to be available.