"The library migrated to a new ILL management system on December 18, 2019. Patron's past ILLiad request history is no longer viewable since the change. Email or call the ILL staff for assistance with due dates/renewals with materials requested under the old system."
If an item you need is not in our library system, we can still get the book for you using an Interlibrary Loan (ILL). We borrow the book from another library on your behalf, and in 2-6 weeks we can have the book available for you to check out.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) is a network of participating libraries that allows cardholders with full borrowing privileges the ability to request materials* from OCLC libraries across the country.
117彩的网站*Materials that can't be found in our Alaska Library Catalog. If an item is available through our own catalog, you do not submit an Interlibrary Loan request. Please place a hold for item in our own catalog. With a hold, we find an available copy of an item whether its at the Gerrish Branch of APL or the Kodiak campus of UAA or even Juneau Public library and have it delivered to the branch of your choice.
What is available through Interlibrary Loan?
Each OCLC library sets its own policies about what it will lend. Most libraries will not lend genealogical material or unbound periodicals but may scan a copy of the relevant entry or article, or they might loan a reel of microfilm. Some libraries will stipulate that their material must be used in the library (like a reference book). Many libraries will not lend new items (six months or less).
Who is eligible for ILL requests?
Card holders with an Anchorage Public Library card may make Interlibrary Loan requests. Cards that are blocked due to fines, or cards without verified addresses will not be able to request ILL materials. Guest and Alaska Resident cards do not have Interlibrary Loan privileges (these services may be available through your home library).
How do I start?
117彩的网站First you will need to set up an online Interlibrary Loan account.
- Go to the library website http://zyqskdx.cn
- Select BOOKS+MOVIES+MUSIC
- Select INTERLIBRARY LOANS from the list
- Type your library card and PIN number to Create an ILL account
How do I place an ILL request?
Go to the library website http://zyqskdx.cn/
117彩的网站Select INTERLIBRARY LOANS
Select Look up an item in WorldCat
Type your search in Search Anchorage Public Library and beyond
You can choose the format and limit the search to Books, DVDs, etc.
Select the item that you are looking for
Select Request item through Interlibrary Loan
Type your library card and ILL PIN to Logon 117彩的网站to your ILL account
117彩的网站The request will automatically be filled in
Submit the request
What are the fines for overdue and lost items?
- $1.00 per day for Media items (audio and visual recordings).
- 50¢ per day for all other items.
- Fines for Interlibrary Loans are not capped at $5.00.
- If an ILL is damaged or lost, fees will be determined by the lending library plus a $5.00 processing fee from APL.
Is there anything else I should know about ILL?
- Due dates are set by the lending library.
- Renewals are always at the discretion of the lending library. Please request renewals at least three days in advance of the due date by contacting the ILL office or through your online ILL account.
- Sometimes the lending library charges more than ILL will cover. It is our policy that if an item exceeds a certain amount we will ask the patron if they are willing to pay said amount.
- You need to log into Interlibrary Loan to see your ILL items. These items will not show up when you log into your APL Library Account.
- ILL does not send pre-due date reminder e-mails. Logon to your ILL account to view due date. Overdue notices are sent only once a week.
- All ILL materials MUST be returned to an Anchorage Public Library location: Z.J. Loussac Library, Chugiak-Eagle River Library, Mountain View Library, Muldoon Library, or Scott & Wesley Gerrish Library. Please give the item to library staff. Do Not return it in a book drop.
Interlibrary Loan Terminology
- WorldCat: The online catalog of items from over 72,000 libraries around the world.
- Alaska Library Catalog/ALC (formerly Joint Library Catalog): The listing of items held by Anchorage Public Library (including all of its branches) and the libraries we share our catalog with, such as the UAA /APU Consortium Library or Juneau Public or UAS.
- Hold: A request for an item in the Alaska Library Catalog.
- ILL: Interlibrary Loan
ILL Contact Information
117彩的网站For ILL questions, please call 907-343-2826 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday – Friday 9 am – 3:30 pm