Anchorage Public Library locations are currently unable to process passport applications. The date when processing will resume is to be determined. Please check this page for the latest information.
117彩的网站Most Anchorage Public Library locations are U.S. Passport Acceptance Facilities, which allow APL staff to accept US passport applications under the guidelines of, and on behalf of, the United States Department of State. We are not part of the application process beyond this function and have a limited availability of Passport Acceptance Agents.
If you need to renew a passport, click for information about renewal by mail.
Plan far in advance to your need. It is recommended that applications be submitted at least two months prior to need. Be aware that APL staff have limited availability for appointments due to the many other duties they are required to fulfill.
Schedule an Appointment
An appointment must be scheduled in advance in order to process an application. Appointments last approximately 60 minutes, with the last appointment starting 60 minutes prior to the posted end time.
Loussac Library - 343-2975 ext. 4
Wednesdays: 4 pm - 7 pm
Fridays: 11 am - 2 pm
Saturdays: 10 am - 12 pm
Mountain View Library - 343-2818
Tuesdays: 3 pm - 6 pm
117彩的网站Thursdays: 2 pm - 5 pm
Muldoon Library - 343-4032
117彩的网站Tuesdays: 3 pm - 6 pm
Chugiak-Eagle River Library - 343-1530
Saturdays: 10 am - 12 pm
Please note that all parts of the application must be fully prepared before you arrive for your appointment. An incomplete application, missing information, or tardiness will result in cancellation of the appointment.
Routine passports take 6-8 weeks to process. Expedited passports take approximately 3 weeks.
Prepare for your appointment using the checklist below or download our Passport Application Checklist
- 1 (do not wear glasses)
- 1 certified birth certificate (not a copy) with a photocopy of both sides
- 1 check made out to U.S. Department of State
- $110 (passport book, 16 or older)
- $ 80 (passport book, under 16)
- $ 30 (passport card, 16 or older)
- $ 15 (passport card, under 16)
- Add $60 to any of these if expediting your passport
- 1 $35.00 check ($61.35 if choosing Priority Mail Express) made out to Municipality of Anchorage
- 1 driver's license/government photo ID with a photocopy of both sides
- 1 passport application filled out in BLACK INK and WITHOUT a signature
Additional forms may be required depending on your circumstances. Visit for more information.